- Posted by admin
- On November 29, 2017
If you need any support for your Lenovo Device, then Call us Now:
Get the appropriate solutions about Fix Lenovo Thinkpad T410 FAN Error. ThinkPad is a line of laptop computers and tablets developed by Lenovo. The series was designed, developed, and sold by IBM until Lenovo acquired the division. Lenovo Laptop users work in an effortless manner to accomplish their tasks. However, many times users suffered a technical problem in using the Lenovo Laptop. T400 FAN Error or T410 FAN Error Lenovo is one of such type of errors, which is caused due to CPU fan malfunctioned. The other reasons might be possible due to happening this error, includes BIOS issue, Settings issue, Dust issue on the fan vents, etc. For users it’s necessary to eliminate this error, otherwise, it will effect on the laptop. So, if you are one of those users who is encountering the same error code, then don’t worry about it. Well, here the blog will simply show the steps on how to get rid this error easily. Follow the mentioned steps to quickly solve it.
Methods to Fix Lenovo Thinkpad T410 FAN Error:-
Method 1:- BIOS Upgrade
The problem may be with your BIOS upgrade. Flashing your BIOS is always risky. Then you should try to hard reset your BIOS.
Follow these steps:-
- First, try to hard reset your BIOS. You might be able to do this with a small jumper on the motherboard. Maybe you will need to look at your user manual for a location of the jumper
- Then you will need to open your case to access the jumper. It may be beneath an easy access panel, or you may have to remove some equipment, depending on the model.
- With the computer OFF, switch the jumper setting. There are only two settings here.
- Turn the computer ON. Then you will likely get an error beep code.
- Turn the computer OFF. Reset the jumper, and then replace the covers or case.
- Turn the computer back on. If you had any special settings in the BIOS, they have now been reset, and you will need to go back and redo them. See if the computer will start and if you can get into Windows.
- Some machines you may just need to drain the power.
- Remove the hard drive, remove the battery, and remove the AC adapter.
- Press the power button for 10 seconds or more. This will drain all the power.
- Replace everything, start, and then try entering the bios by hitting “F2” key.
If you are still having a problem, try flashing the BIOS again. It almost sounds as if the first flash didn’t complete properly.
Related Post: How to Repair Lenovo Laptop Water Damage?
Method 2:- Reboot your System with Old Settings
There are certain possibilities to get back your laptop in normal condition. One of them is rebooting option, you should try to reboot your system with old settings.
Follow these steps to do this task:-
- Turn on your Lenovo Laptop.
- Then use the left and right arrow keys to choose “Advanced” menu.
- Next, use the up and down arrow keys to select “Hardware Monitor” option, and then hit “Enter” key.
- Then choose “CPU Fan Check” and press “Enter” key.
- Choose “Disabled” and then press “Enter” key.
- Press the Down Arrow key to select “System fan check” and then press “Enter” key.
- Select “Disabled” and then hit “Enter” key.
- Save the settings and exit.
- Then restart your Lenovo Laptop
Use your external hard drive and take a DVD and collect the old bios settings and drivers from another computer. Write those files into DVD and put it on an external disk. Reboot your system with old settings. That is the best way to get back your system into normal settings.
Method 3:- Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Lenovo Thinkpad T410 Fan Error/ T400 FAN Error
Step 1:- Turn off Lenovo Laptop
You should try to turn off your IBM ThinkPad.
Step 2:- Unplug Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop
Unplug your ThinkPad from the wall outlet. Remove the battery from the laptop.
Step 3:- CPU Fan Exhaust
List the ThinkPad so you can see its left edge clearly. You will observe a series of small vents. These vents are used for CPU fan exhaust.
Step 4:- Clean a ThinkPad’s Fan Vents
- You have to dip a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol.
- Swab away any external dust or dirt from the fan vents. Avoid pushing the cotton swab completely through the vents. Over time, a ThinkPad’s fan vents can accumulate a lot of debris that is difficult to remove without an alcohol-based cleanser.
- Blow compressed air into the vents to remove any remaining dust or blockage. Sometimes the fan stops working simply because of accumulated dust buildup.
Step 5:- Plug Your Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop
Plug in your ThinkPad, reattach the battery and boot up the system. If the fan is still not working, your computer will be unable to boot, displaying yet another “fan error” message. If the fan is not clogged, the fan error is due to fan assembly malfunction. According to Inside My Laptop, you will need to replace the entire fan assembly.
I hope your issue is solved.
Get 24×7 Help: Dial Lenovo Customer Care Support Number to Repair Lenovo Thinkpad FAN Error T410 / T400:-
Lenovo Customer Care Number +1-888-260-0455 is available for your help 24×7/365 days, where you can instantly connect with the team of the certified and experienced Lenovo customer support experts. They have in depth knowledge, and experienced in fixing any sort of the Lenovo Laptop related technical issues or errors. Thus, the proficient will give you the best possible solutions to Lenovo Laptop technical mishaps in a less time. Hence, call now for further Lenovo Laptop queries.